CRP and its staff are committed to serving the local community. This commitment is evidenced by staff representation on numerous local and national social and civic boards. Included among these are the following:
- Family Matters of Greater Washington, D.C.
- Ionia Whipper Home for Women
- National Association of Social Workers
- The Christmas Toy Group
- The National Housing Trust
- The World Board of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- The District of Columbia Prevention Council
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Advisory Committee on Substance Abuse and Mental Health
- Transitional Housing Corporation (THC)